infertility

infertility

Sunday 14 October 2012

Treatment Day 31

Injections and nasal spray #12

I have had a stomach ache since last night, which I think must have been triggered by the evening injection. There had been some twinges for the last few days but this was bad enough to keep me awake most of the night. I'm a bit nervous about doing tonight's dose in case the discomfort gets worse.

Syringe festival
It's hard to know whether to call the clinic. You're supposed to do so in the case of abdominal pain but I don't want to do anything that makes them call a halt on the treatment cycle! I've decided not call yet but wait to see if the pain gets worse: I've managed to function as normal today and it has worn off into the evening. My tummy isn't bloated, which you'd expect with OHSS.

The last two injections have also hurt more and I'm definitely lacking energy. I just did a bit of an internet forum search to check on side effects but soon gave up: I don't find these sites very encouraging as most of the members have been through multiple cycles of IVF without success - not something I really want to contemplate!

You've now seen almost everything that arrived in my little medication pack on September 13th. These are the syringes, to which the needles get attached.

Fingers crossed for my scan tomorrow morning.......  we are both ready for this to be over, really.