infertility

infertility

Friday 5 October 2012

Treatment Day 22

Injections and nasal spray #3

So, I am getting on pretty well with the old stabbing myself. I was a bit shaky on the first day, mainly because of all the paraphernalia you have to get your head around before doing the deed.

But if you get the thing angled right, you barely feel it. I got it a bit wrong the second time and did feel a little prick but the other two occasions there was no sensation at all. It's just very counter-intuitive to stick a needle into one's own flesh and leaves me feeling a bit wobbly.

(Reading that back, I realise how wrong it all sounds?!)

How to stab yourself DVD
I had a bit of a panic when I realised I was meant to be doing the injections in the evening and had started a schedule of doing it when I woke up. But the nurses said it doesn't matter and just to change to the evening, which I have done today.

Also had a bit of a mental mood swing yesterday over a lost DVD (!) I was really, really angry about it and wouldn't go to bed. This may be partly to do with the medication but probably more tiredness and the fact our house has been a tip for the last fortnight. We move tomorrow. Hurrah!

I thought I'd show you the various bits of the kit I have one by one. First picture is of the instruction DVD, which takes me through step by step how to do the injection. I've watched it twice and won't need it again.