infertility

infertility

Thursday 23 December 2010

The wait begins. + 1 month.

I called IVF Wales today and they couldn't tell me anything yet about when our first appointment is likely to be. In some ways, one month is nothing. In others, every new bit of waiting seems like a major inconvenience.

We've decided to forget about all this until after the Christmas holiday: to try to relax and enjoy ourselves as much as possible. Good news is, the festive season can be as drunken as we like!! I think we both feel a little edgy about the potential scrutiny we will get in our parents' homes as a result of our situation. But I suspect the feelings are unwarranted.

Church can be difficult. Well, church is difficult at the best of times ( ; ) ) but now I'm particularly conscious of how child-focused it is. We employ a family focus worker to attract young families. In fact, we have some young families already. What we don't have are any 15 - 30-year olds without kids. But nobody knows how to focus on them.... Our Messy Church event is billed as being"for all" and there's a certain amount of pressure to support it. But it is explicitly only open to children who come with adults, or adults who come with children. That more or less rules us out. Oh, unless we want to 'help', which is of course what a childless young couple should be doing, anyway.

Sorry, I'm ranting!

Hey ho. No doubt the answer is for us all to be a bit more open about issues such as infertility. Just not sure I have the local friendships to encourage me in my honesty.....