infertility

infertility

Monday 7 March 2011

Fourth chase = progress. + 3.5 months.

Here in my hand is notification of our initial appointment. It will be on March 16th, so that is exactly 16 weeks from referral - just meeting their deadline!

I had called them again a couple of days ago to chase and I think that may have got things moving. (Seems the monthly calls were an okay strategy.) The letter comes with an absolute shedload of info - most of which is not relevant or not helpful. But it is here, anyway.

My bosses now know about the situation. I had a bit of a tearful moment with both of them when I opened up, and was taken by surprise by the emotion again! They were very good about it, and said I should feel free to prioritise these matters over work duties.

I feel very blessed in that regard. Many people must struggle to fit in appointments and juggle pressures from work alongside the stress of the fertility procedures. I know I will be met with understanding, however the timings work out.

Just hope nothing disrupts Christian Aid Week!!