infertility

infertility

Wednesday 25 May 2011

Smear campaign. + 6 months.

Well, I did as I was advised and contacted the GP to ask her to refer me to Gwent for an HSG.

Turns out it's been too long since my last smear test and I need one before I can get the xray. So, I must have the nurse run a smear in Chepstow. And then, when Dr Smith has those results back (provided they're clear) she can refer me on for the HSG.

We've got two weeks holiday coming up, so this will all have to wait until late June. Given that they tested me for chlamydia in October (a procedure identical to a smear test, as far as my nether regions could discern) I am a bit irritated by the delay. But then again, this HSG isn't altering our position on the ICSI waiting list, and by all accounts it is likely to come back clear anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Smear appointment booked for June 20. Just Keep Calm and Carry On.